- Thursday Feb 09, 2006
Good news and bad news.
The good news is that the switch to a new dedicated server appears to have gone pretty smoothly. I also haven't noticed any downtime or crashes in the past while since completing the transfer.
The bad news is that I still haven't figured out what to do with the forums section. There are a few options, but I haven't made a decision as of yet.
1. I don't really have enough spare time right now to attempt to learn how to write my own basic forum. Maybe I'll get some time in a week or two to mess around with it.
2. I could just reinstall the previous software that I had, but I don't like the fact that it's encrypted, so I can't change it in any way and can't get it to integrate with the homepage either. Then there's the price.....when I originally purchased it this past fall, it was a very reasonable $100 for the basic version. Now they've released an updated version and the cost has gone from $100 to starting at $650 for the basic version and going up from there.
3. There are several other good forum software packages out there, but they all have the same problem. They can't be integrated into the site so that they could use the existing usernames / passwords.
With all of that said, I still haven't come up with a solution as of yet, so the forums section will probably be down for another week or two. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Sunday Jan 29, 2006
If you're reading this message, you're accessing it on the new server.
The site is in the process of being transferred to a new server. I've got the main portion of it transferred already. Hopefully all the little things will be able to be worked out within the next few days.
It'll probably take 2-3 days for the DNS servers to update everyone on the new domain IP address, so in the meantime, you can access the new server at http://184.108.40.206
1. Forums section has not been transferred yet
2. progress bar graph is not currently working
Let me know if you discover anything else not working or behaving differently.
BTW - The new server's time is based on U.S. MST (United States Mountain Standard Time). The previous host was located in Central Time Zone, difference of 1 hour.
- Wednesday Jan 25, 2006
see forums for news
- Monday Jan 23, 2006
see forums for news
- Saturday Jan 07, 2006
see forum for new update info
- Thursday Jan 05, 2006
Future updates will be switched from this area to the "Forums" section to make it easier to comment back and forth. New topic added today under the "Website updates / changes / notices" section.
- Wednesday Dec 28, 2005
I did some messing around with the Public Diaries page today.
Now when you're reading someone's diary entries, there's a link at the bottom to load all of their entries if you're interested.
The "Recent Entries" and "New Members" sections from the homepage have also been added to the initial load of the Public Diaries page.
As always, let me know if something is behaving differently or something's not working correctly.
- Thursday Dec 22, 2005
I'm going to be going through the files on the server over the next week or so and trying to clean things up to make my life a little easier. Let me know if anything stops working or is behaving differently.
- Tuesday Dec 20, 2005
Spent some time messing with a couple things on the site today. Added a couple features at the bottom of the homepage.
1. list of most recent diary entries with time / date 2. list of most recent new members who have entered at least one public entry
I tested it quickly, let me know if you have any problems with it.
- Sunday Dec 11, 2005
The site's new design was put in place a couple of months ago. Some of you who had bookmarks to some of the old pages other than the homepage may have been still using the old design layout. As of a couple of days ago the old layout has been replaced with pages that redirect you to the newly designed site.